The Arapahoe Library District (ALD) values open access to information and we welcome everyone to our libraries. However, with the closure of some of Aurora’s libraries, two things have happened to make the situation unfair to our own taxpayers. In recent years, the heavy use of our libraries by Aurora residents made fewer materials available to those who are paying for them, and our own taxpayers have lost the value of reciprocal use of Aurora’s libraries. In order to be fair to ALD taxpayers, it was necessary to impose reasonable check-out limits to non-ALD taxpayers who live in Aurora. Limits only apply to materials and not services. There are no limits on reserving meeting rooms, using computers or participating in programs. For non-ALD taxpayers who live in Aurora and would like to pay for full check-out privileges, a full-service Library Card is available for purchase.
Thank you for your understanding as we strive to meet the needs of all patrons, while taking into consideration our limited resources.
- These limits apply to non-ALD taxpayers from Aurora who checkout materials from any Arapahoe Library District location
- A checkout limit of 3 items per card
- No renewals
- A limit of 2 holds per card
- No Inter-Library Loan or Prospector requests
- Some databases or digital content may not be available due to licensing agreements with vendors
Please note, some patrons who live in Aurora do pay taxes to Arapahoe Library District and would be exempt from these limits.
Full Service Library Card Information
- The Full Service Card, once issued, is non-refundable.
- Cost: $100 per annual subscription based upon the calendar year, per household
- The cost for a partial year card will be prorated on a monthly basis.
- Each member of the household will be issued an individual card, as requested, at no additional cost.
- For non-ALD taxpayers from Aurora who do not wish to be held to the above limits
To determine whether you pay taxes to support the Arapahoe Library District, please follow these detailed instructions:
Visit the Arapahoe County Assessor's website
Enter the address number or a range of numbers, the name of the street, and a unit number if applicable.
Click on the "Tax District Levies" link.
In the Taxing Authority listing, see whether the Arapahoe Library District is listed.