Renew and reserve library items and check your library record online at My Account.
Use the Quick Checkout Guide for information about length of holds, checkout length and number, renewal information and more. This guide pertains to patrons who have a full-service Arapahoe Library District library card.
Please Note: This information applies to Arapahoe Library District materials. Items obtained through Prospector or Interlibrary Loan may have different rules. Call 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279) or ask a library staff member for details.
- 1 week for magazines, DVDs and music CDs.
- 3 weeks for all other items and DVD sets with three or more discs
- Overdrive eBook and audiobook downloads can be checked out for 7, 14, or 21 days. All downloaded titles will automatically be checked in after the chosen check out period, but eBooks and audiobook MP3s can be returned early. For information on how to return them early or for more downloadable borrowing policies, visit the Help section on Overdrive.
- Patrons may choose a checkout period between 1 and 21 days for OneClick audiobooks.
- Nooks check out for 3 weeks. See our Nooks page for more information.
- GoPro cameras check out for 1 week. See the Borrowing Agreement for more information.
Checkout Limits for patrons who have either a Permanent Full-Service Library Card or have purchased an Aurora Full Service Library Card:
- Check out books, DVDs, music and more from any of our convenient locations; 60 library items per library card. For DVDs, the maximum number is seven.
- View your library account: Place or cancel holds and renew library items online from your home, school, or office computer, or from any of our library branch computers.
- Access a variety of specialized research databases through the library website, accessible through your home or office.
- Reserve a public computer.
- Place holds and download audiobook and eBook titles.
- Request items from Prospector and Inter-Library Loans
Checkout Limits For Aurora patrons who do not pay taxes to Arapahoe Library District AND have not purchased an Aurora Full Service Library Card:
- Effective January 3, 2011
- A checkout limit of 3 items per card
- No renewals
- A limit of 2 holds per card
- No Inter-Library Loan or Prospector requests
Please read this article for more information about check out limits and to determine whether you pay taxes to support Arapahoe Library District.
- Magazines and Xpress items cannot be renewed. Digital downloads cannot be renewed, but you can check them out again if they are available when the checkout expires.
- Music CDs, DVDs (with fewer than 3 discs), and GoPro cameras can be renewed for 1 week.
- All other materials renew for 3 weeks.
- You may renew up to three times if the item is not reserved (on hold) for another patron. Renew online via My Account with your name and library card number, or by calling 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279). Davies patrons can call 303-769-4310 and Kelver patrons can call 303-822-9392.
- You can return items borrowed from the Arapahoe Library District to any of our library locations. Book drops are open 24 hours.
- Items borrowed from the Arapahoe Library District can also be returned to any public library in Colorado, and you can return items belonging to other Colorado library systems through any Arapahoe Library District library.
- 20¢ per item per day
- Maximum fine: $10.00 per adult item, $4.00 per children's item
- Read the laptop checkout page for fines information.
- Replacement costs are charged for lost or damaged items. Due to cataloging and processing requirements, we cannot accept replacement items from patrons.
- Unpaid fines over $10.00 will block future transactions. Items overdue by 50 days are billed to your account for the price of the item. After 60 days, accounts over $50.00 are referred to a collection agency.
- Patrons with fines exceeding $50 will not be allowed access to the Library District's public computers. Please see a library staff person for assistance or log in to your library account in order to pay fines using a credit or debit card.
- Fines can be paid in person by check or cash at your Arapahoe Library District library or fines and fees $2.00 or more can be paid by credit card online via My Account.
- NOTE: No overdue fines are charged to patrons age 62 and over. Please tell us if you qualify.
- Special equipment (nooks, cameras, etc) has differen fines and replacement costs. Please see the Borrowing Agreement for more information.
- 2 days past the due date
- If you return items within the grace period, no fines are assessed. If you return items after the grace period, fines are assessed from the original due date at 20¢ per day.
- You can choose to receive overdue notices by email or by phone.
- Overdue notices are issued two weeks after an item is due. If you choose notification by email, you will also receive a courtesy notice two days before the item is due.
Lost / Damaged Items:
- Replacement costs are charged for lost or damaged items. Lost or damaged items cannot be replaced by patrons.
Patrons are responsible for keeping track of due dates and for returning materials on time. Your library card is your responsibility. If you DO NOT want to give anyone else permission to pick up your library items, please see a staff member. If your card is stolen, report this immediately so we can prevent its use by anyone else. Failure to promptly report a stolen library card may result in all fines and fees on your card being charged to you. If you have lost your card, please see a staff person to obtain a new library card. There is no charge for a replacement library card.