Music downloads are offered to patrons of Arapahoe Library District, through the Sony Music Entertainment Catalog, otherwise known as Freegal.
Using your Arapahoe Library District card number and your last name, you will have access to hundreds of thousands of songs in more than 100 genres of music. You can download up to three songs per week to your iTunes account for uploading them to your iPod, MP3 Player or other device. The songs are yours to keep!
If you do not have an Arapahoe Library District card, and would like one, register online for a card.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many songs can I download?
You can download up to three songs per week.
Do I have to check the songs back in? Do they expire?
Once you have downloaded songs, you can keep them in your personal music library.
How do I download songs?
Follow these simple steps:
1) Click through the Freegal link to access the music
2) Log on to Freegal using your Arapahoe Library District card number and last name
3) Search the catalog and find a song you want
4) To hear a short sample of the song, click on the blue arrow
5) Click Download
6) Select SAVE and save the song to the file folder you want
I am an Aurora patron. Can I use Freegal?
Yes. If you have a full-service card you can access Freegal through the Arapahoe Library District website. Otherwise, Aurora patrons can use Freegal through the Aurora Public Library, using your Aurora Public Library card. Please visit their website for access.