A water pipe will need to be placed from approximately Hazel Court to the new site and will take about 5 days. During this time, the library will maintain its regular operating hours. Please note that there will be flaggers at the entrance and exits of the parking lot to notify patrons of rerouted access during this construction. Thank you for your patience.
The Arapahoe Library District (ALD) recently announced plans to build a new community library on ALD-owned land at 3425 W. Oxford Avenue in Sheridan. The current library has served the community since 1972, and construction on the new library is expected to begin this year. ALD recently named the White Construction Group, located in Castle Rock, as the future library’s contractor and Denver’s Humphries Poli Architects as the project’s architects. ALD’s construction budget will primarily rely on library funds that have been saved over the years for such a facility project.
January work completed:
- formed, poured and waterproofed the grade beam walls,
- installed the storm sewer,
- backfilled the foundation walls
- poured entry ramp foundations
February work completed:
- installed underground utilities
- installed water line
- installed the rough grade for slab on grade
- delivered steel for framing
March work completed:
- installed gas lines and storm sewer
- set structural beams
April work in progress:
- framing exterior walls and interior walls
- installing front canopy and roofing
- placing curb and gutter, grading for sidewalk
- placing sidewalk and stairs
- sheath exterior walls
We value your feedback! Please share your thoughts and ideas with us regarding the building of the new Sheridan Library by filling out a How Are We Doing? survey.
To stay in the know, please sign up for our e-newsletter, The Dewey, which includes information about programs, events and resources for the Arapahoe Library District. Or, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.