Smoky Hill Library now offers a soundproof Studio, complete with a green screen, iMacs with iMovie and GarageBand, and everything you need to create your next masterpiece.
The Studio was recently featured on 9News as an example of how libraries are offering communities spaces and resources for innovation, creation and technology.
The Studio can be booked in advance by calling 303-LIBRARY (542-7279). For tours or one-on-one assistance with the equipment or software, you may also Book The Studio.
Who can book The Studio for use?
- Patrons 12 years or older with an active library card and government issued photo ID.
- Each patron must sign the Agreement when using The Studio for the first time.
- Parents/guardians must sign agreement for patrons under the age of 18
- Three hours maximum, two hours on Sunday
- Maximum three persons at one time; one person may book The Studio alone
- No food or drink allowed in The Studio
- Be mindful of closing, please finish projects and organize used equipment a half hour before leaving
What computers and other equipment are available?
M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI Keyboard
Audiobox USB external sound card
Squier Bullet Strat Guitar
Yeti USB microphone
Lacie hard drives
Chroma key green wall
Logitech External speakers
Apple iMacs equipped with iLife '11 (iMovie, GarageBand, iPhoto
What software is available?
- Adobe Creative Cloud - creative desktop applications
- Screencast-o-matic - screencasting
- Gimp - photo editing
- Audacity - audio recording
- dim3 - 3D game creation
- scratch - animation
- Google SketchUp - 3D modeling software
- Skype - communication tool
- VLC media player - video player/converter
- Picasa - photo editing, also compatible with Samsung camcorder
- Burn - more file conversions, easier to burn files than with disk utility
- Adapter - media conversion tool
- Final Cut Pro - video editing
- MakerWare - slicer software
- Soundflower - audio system extension