We heard you!
In response to your feedback, we've made the following improvements:
- Removed restriction so that single users can use and reserve study rooms without being bumped by a larger group
- Distributed new nametags to volunteers. We highly value those who invest time and energy in ALD and want to make it easy to distinguish staff from volunteers
- Added ABDO, an online Marvel Comics database
- Added BookFlix, an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction eBooks to build a love of reading and learning
- Started circulating a small number of Blu-ray titles that we received as part of combination DVD packs
- Removed age restriction from meeting room application. Meeting rooms are available to patrons of all ages subject to our meeting room guidelines. Click here to learn more
- Re-carpeted Castlewood Library
- Removed DVD limit of 7 to allow checkout to maximum of 60
- Changed location of handicapped parking spaces at Koelbel to improve patron safety
- Added nooks® with Russian and Spanish language titles to the collection
- Added nooks® for circulating to senior facilities
- Increased hold limit to 75
- The 2010 Census data showed about 123,000 people who are 55 and older residing in Arapahoe County, Colorado. As this population continues to grow, more information will be needed by older adults and those who work with them. We have added an Older Adults section to the website with resources for this group.
- A streamlined page header design
- Removal of the account log-in box at the top of the screen as it caused confusion when navigating between our website, http://arapahoelibraries.org, and our catalog, http://aspen.ald.lib.co.us
- Removal of the tabbed search box for a simplified catalog search
- Simplified layouts on the Books, Movies, and Music pages to get you easily to the lists you use the most
- You'll find Kids and Teens Summer Reading program information easily on our home page!
- Learn how to use autofill to save your library card login information.
- We now run featured lists of newly ordered materials on the 1st and the 15th of each month so you can find and place holds on upcoming items.
- Library Account Access: We've put the login on the screen in the upper right-hand corner so you can quickly order and renew items.
- Search: The catalog search box has been made more prominent. A default keyword search allows you to find almost everything, but you can also select Title, Author, or Subject from the drop down menu to narrow results.
- Reading and Viewing Recommendations: You've told us that you appreciate our lists of new titles and genre recommendations. We continue to enhance these offerings by delivering lists via email and putting series and if-you-like recommendations in our catalog.
- Classic Catalog: We have merged the classic catalog and our website for a consistent search and account experience.
- Magazine and Encyclopedia Articles and Business Information: We've made it easier to select and use our online subscription services to find business analysis and company profiles, consumer reviews, school paper background, literary criticism, and biographical information.
- Program and Class Registration: We've redesigned our Programs and Classes page so you can find and register for the ones that interest you by type and by location.