Arapahoe libraries host monthly art exhibits at Koelbel, Smoky Hill, Southglenn and Eloise May libraries. The exhibits expose the community to new art forms and creative ideas, while providing Exhibition opportunities to local artists. A volunteer art selection committee selects Exhibits based on artistic quality, variety of exhibits and the suitability of format for each Library’s exhibit space. If you would like your art to be considered for exhibition, please Read the following information.
Submission deadlines: October 6
Arapahoe Libraries accept applications and portfolios twice a year, in October and in May. Portfolios will be accepted beginning two weeks prior to the deadline.
Application and Portfolio Submission Instructions
Artists are invited to deliver or mail submissions to the Coordinator of Volunteer Services at the Arapahoe Libraries Support Services building, 12855 E. Adam Aircraft Circle, Englewood, CO 80112.
Submissions must include the following:
- A completed Art Exhibit Application Form
- An artist’s statement and resume or biography
- A portfolio of 10-20 images of work that can be exhibited as a unit. Images may be submitted as printed photographs or on a CD. Images should be well-lighted with artwork photographed against a neutral background. If submitting photographs, please submit in a transparent plastic holder. For each photograph, include the artist’s name, medium, size and direction of viewing. If submitting images on a CD, each image must be submitted as an individual high-quality JPEG file. Images should also be listed on a separate sheet with the artist’s name, title, medium and size in the same order as on the CD. CD must be readable on a PC and Mac.
When a Submission is Accepted
- Artists will be notified of exhibit acceptance or rejection within four weeks after the submission deadline.
- Exhibit dates will be determined by the artist and the library after acceptance.
- The artist will install the exhibit, including a label for each piece of artwork listing title, medium, date and price.
- The library will provide a label template along with instructions for printing.
- The artist is responsible for producing all collateral show materials and news releases for local papers.
- The library will include exhibit information on its website during the month of the exhibit.
- The artist will provide the library with high-resolution digital images for use in website promotion.
- The library assumes no responsibility for damage, destruction or loss to the exhibit or exhibited materials while on display or during storage or moving in or on library property.
- The artist will provide the library with a resume or biography, artist’s statement and an inventory list of titles and prices.
- The artist agrees to remit 20 percent of the sale price of any work or item sold, while on exhibit at the library or of sales made as a direct result of this exhibit, to Arapahoe Libraries.
- The library will provide an exhibition agreement to be signed by the artist and a library representative.
- If the artist is 18 years old or younger, the agreement must also be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Artwork must be wired and ready for hanging.
- All artwork will remain on exhibit for the duration of the show.
Uninstalling Artwork at the End of the Show
On the last day of the exhibit, the artist is responsible for removing all art from the library by 5 pm. A completed Returned Artwork Agreement must be submitted to and signed by a library staff member upon exit from the building.
Submissions that are not chosen for exhibition will be mailed back to the artist.
For additional information, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteer Services by email or call 303-792-8960.
Download Guidelines (PDF Document)