There is a lot of information about COVID-19 and the effectiveness of vaccines against it. These authoritative resources can help you make an informed decision on this important topic that affects our entire community. Check recommendations, resources and schedules available on the Tri-County Health Department website, opens a new window to determine if the COVID-19 vaccine is right for you and if you belong to a group currently eligible for vaccination.
What does the local health department say about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines?
The Tri-County Health Department COVID-19 page has the most up-to-date information for residents of Arapahoe, Adams and Douglas counties.
Where in Colorado can I get a vaccine against COVID-19?
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has this list which includes all vaccination locations.
Are COVID-19 vaccines safe?
- Will I have side effects?
- Can I stop taking precautions (wearing a mask, maintaining social distancing) after I get my shot?
Find answers about safety, risks and precautions from the United States Centers for Disease Control. On this simple fact sheet, you'll find brief opinions on each of the major COVID-19 vaccines questions..
How can vaccine and antibody studies move so quickly and still be safe?
This video is produced by the Department of Health, opens a new window in the state of Washington.
Are Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines safe?
- Did the U.S. government approve these vaccines for use?
- What are ingredients in these vaccines?
- What age groups are the vaccines approved for?
- What are the risks and benefits of each brand of COVID-19 vaccines?
- What if I don’t want to get a vaccine?
The Food and Drug Administration compiled fact sheets that address questions you might have in more detail. For example, you can find the exact list of vaccine ingredients or risks/benefits to your health. Check out the following fact sheets about Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, opens a new window, provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, opens a new window.
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet provided by the US Food and Drug Administration
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet provided by the US Food and Drug Administration
I hear a lot of different information on social media and I wonder...
- Can I get COVID-19 from swimming or dirty shoes?
- Are there medications, antibiotics or vitamins that cure COVID-19?
- Can I eat or drink something to protect myself from COVID-19?
- Is wearing a mask safe?
- What are the facts?
The World Health Organization, opens a new window checks each claim with health experts and scientists. Read this list of facts confirmed by studies and evidence on how COVID-19 spreads, which treatments are effective and how you might want to protect yourself: World Health Organization – COVID-19 Myth Busters.