Fall is just around the corner and many of us reflect nostalgically about the years we spent getting ready for school during this time. New school clothes, new notebooks, sharp pencils and a list of classes we would be taking. Just because we are well into our double digits doesn't mean this fall ritual is out of reach! There are many learning opportunities out there for the 50+ crowd.
Read on if you have a yearning to learn!
Most of these programs are audited (not for academic credit) at the professor's consent. You do not need to do homework or papers, and tests are not required. For more information about the listed programs, simply click on the blue links.
Programs available at no cost:
Metro-Meritus Life Long Learners at Metropolitan State University - Downtown Campus
- Persons 60 years and up may take classes on a space available basis.
University of Colorado Life Long Learners - Downtown Campus Only (not available at Anschutz)
- Persons 60 years and up may audit up to 2 classes.
Programs that require a nominal fee:
University of Denver Senior Audit Program - DU Campus
- Persons 60 years and up may take undergraduate classes for $100/course.
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute - DU Campus
- OLLI is part of a nation wide network community education movement. Participants have the opportunity to be both teachers and students. There are 3, 8-week terms/year. The cost is $130/term.
Arapahoe Community College 50+ EdVentures - ACC Campus
- ACC has course offerings that are of specific interest to students over 50.
Online Learning Opportunities:
Free online courses from Arapahoe Libraries
- All for the asking with your library card. You can learn about computer coding, how to play guitar, creative writing and more! This is really a great deal!
- Though not learning based in the formal sense, these talks are very informative and somewhat additive!
Research has shown that the longer we can stay curious and intellectually engaged, we age in a more healthy way. So, with little or no cost, have fun learning something new this fall!