Get ready for the writer's annual marathon, National Novel Writing Month!
Can you make it to 50,000 words in 30 days? Since we're in the book business, we want to share with you some of our favorite resources to help you reach your goal.
Staff lists to inspire
- These NaNoWriMo writers became published authors.
- Think you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Here's a list of authors who published later in their lives.
- Find out what authors have to say about writing.
- Kids can do it, too! Here are some NaNoWriMo tips for young authors.
- Our resource Lynda.com has fantastic video tutorials on writing.
- Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers is a nonprofit group specializing in training writers who would like to publish their work.
- If you've wondered, this video explains how the world of self-publishing works.
- TED Talks are a great way to get motivated. Try out these 7 talks by writers.
- It's late at night and you've run into the dreaded writer's block. Decompress by reading words of advice from 33 authors.
What inspires you to write? How do you keep going during NaNoWriMo? Let us know in the comments!