Did you know that more than half of all Americans own or work for a small business? Or that two thirds of new jobs are created by small businesses? Since 1963, the President of the United States has proclaimed National Small Business Week an opportunity to highlight the contributions of these innovative andindustrious entrepreneurs and small business owners. It is also a great opportunity for us as consumers to get out into the community and show our appreciation and support for these local businesses through our patronage.
This year's Small Business Administration Colorado Small Business Week Winners include small business owners and the organizations that help them grow. Littleton business owners Margot Langstaff & Elisa Hamill were named 2018's Small Business Persons of the Year for their business LifeHealth LLC with locations in Denver and Greenwood Village. They will be honored in Washington D.C., along with winners from other states, for their hard work growing their vision for customized healthcare through top notch clinical support services. This is just one example of the many great businesses in our community making a huge impact!
Ready to stop dreaming and start your own business? Schedule an appointment with our business librarian to learn more about the best tools to get you started, or check out some local community business resources.
Want to connect in person? Come celebrate the end of National Small Business Week and learn more about the great organizations that empower local businesses at the Aurora-South Metro Small Business Development Center and Congressman Mike Coffman's Small Business Resource and Lenders Fair on Saturday May 5, 2018 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm at Arapahoe/Douglas Works!
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT & RESOURCES
- Explore the Arapahoe Libraries Business & Career Hub.
- Work toward success with this list of personal development books.
- Learn from the experts about how to make the most of your time.
- Check out the Aurora-South Metro Small Business Development Development website.
- Discover the Small Business Reference Center resource.
- Get inspired with these entrepreneur biographies.
HAVE BUDDING ENTREPRENEURS AT HOME?
- Give the youngsters in your life basic introduction in how currency works.
- Watch this video to learn how Elmo saves money.
- Discover the concept of exchanging money for goods or services with this activity.
- Invest in your child's financial literacy with these picture books.
- Activities to get your kids excited about coins.