Start your week with a quick “visit” to the library. Our early literacy librarians will show you easy literacy and learning activities to try at home with your little ones.
- Read or print the handout for activities and ideas.
- Complementary literacy kits will be available for December. You can sign up today to receive a free extension kit containing a literacy tool, a book and a copy of the handout. (Limited to the first 200 registered, one per family please.)
- Watch short videos based on our popular programs: Learning on the Go: Stories and More, Family Place, Little Explorers and Ready, Set, Kindergarten.
December 21: Ready, Set, Kindergarten, opens a new window!
December 14: Little Explorers, opens a new window
December 7: Family Place, opens a new window
November 30: Learning on the Go, opens a new window
December 21: Ready, Set, Kindergarten!
If you'd like to watch our past Play and Learn at Home videos, you'll find them here.
Our monthly parenting strategies webinars with early childhood experts are on hiatus for December, but will return in 2021! On Tuesday, January 19, we will host Angelica Fox, coordinator of the SafeCare program at Arapahoe County Early Childhood Council. She will cover the most common household hazards, gun safety, safe sleep and water safety. The presentation will be recorded.
Did you miss our other webinars? We recorded them just for you!
- December Picture Book Party, opens a new window
- Linda Rollert, Parenting Strategies: Talk to Me, Baby!, opens a new window
- Colleen Bredell, Parenting Strategies: Managing Transitions and Stress, opens a new window
- Dr. Laura Jana, Tips for Success: Raising Your Kids in the 21st Century, opens a new window
- Janet Damon, Parenting Strategies: Discussing Race with Young Children, opens a new window
- Jen Kniffen-Turner, Parenting Strategies: Behavior Changes in Young Children, opens a new window