Start your week with a quick “visit” to the library. Our early literacy librarians will show you easy literacy and learning activities to try at home with your little ones.
- Read or print the handout for activities and ideas.
- Complementary literacy kits will be available for February. You can sign up today to receive a free extension kit containing a literacy tool, a book and a copy of the handout. (Limited to the first 200 registered, one per family please.)
- Watch short videos based on our popular programs: Learning on the Go: Stories and More, Family Place, Little Explorers and Ready, Set, Kindergarten.
February 22: Ready, Set, Kindergarten, opens a new window!
February 15: Little Explorers, opens a new window
February 8: Family Place, opens a new window
February 1: Learning on the Go, opens a new window
Look for our monthly parenting strategies webinars with early childhood experts. On Tuesday, February 16, we will host Elizabeth Perryman, founder of Upstream Mindfulness. She will guide parents and caregivers through simple activities to practice mindfulness and give resources for further exploration. Sign up here, opens a new window. The presentation will be recorded.
Did you miss our other webinars? We recorded them just for you!
- Angelica Fox, Parenting Strategies: SafeCare® at Home, opens a new window
- December Picture Book Party, opens a new window
- Linda Rollert, Parenting Strategies: Talk to Me, Baby!, opens a new window
- Colleen Bredell, Parenting Strategies: Managing Transitions and Stress, opens a new window
- Dr. Laura Jana, Tips for Success: Raising Your Kids in the 21st Century, opens a new window
- Janet Damon, Parenting Strategies: Discussing Race with Young Children, opens a new window
- Jen Kniffen-Turner, Parenting Strategies: Behavior Changes in Young Children, opens a new window