Start your week with a quick “visit” to the library. Our early literacy librarians will show you easy literacy and learning activities to try at home with your little ones.
- Read or print out the handout for activities and ideas.
- Complementary literacy kits were available for November. Our literacy kits have all been spoken for this month, but watch for December's kits early next month.
- Watch short videos based on our popular programs: Learning on the Go: Stories and More, Family Place, Little Explorers and Ready, Set, Kindergarten.
November 23: Ready, Set, Kindergarten!, opens a new window
November 16: Little Explorers, opens a new window
November 9: Family Place, opens a new window
November 2: Learning on the Go, opens a new window
If you'd like to watch our past Play and Learn at Home videos, you'll find them here.
Look for our monthly parenting strategies webinars with early childhood experts. This November we hosted speech pathologist Linda Rollert. She shared techniques to encourage language development as well as practical strategies for addressing common concerns such as stuttering, bilingualism, delayed speech and the impact of mask wearing. You can watch the full program here, opens a new window.
Did you miss our other parenting webinars? We recorded them just for you!
- Colleen Bredell, Parenting Strategies: Managing Transitions and Stress, opens a new window
- Dr. Laura Jana, Tips for Success: Raising Your Kids in the 21st Century, opens a new window
- Janet Damon, Parenting Strategies: Discussing Race with Young Children, opens a new window
- Jen Kniffen-Turner, Parenting Strategies: Behavior Changes in Young Children, opens a new window