Start your week with a quick “visit” to the library. Our early literacy librarians will show you easy literacy and learning activities to try at home with your little ones.
- Read or print out the handout for activities and ideas.
- Watch short videos based on our popular programs: Learning on the Go: Stories and More, Family Place, Little Explorers and Ready, Set, Kindergarten.
- Our complementary literacy kits have all been reserved for October.
October 19: Little Explorers, opens a new window
October 12: Family Place, opens a new window
October 5: Learning on the Go, opens a new window
October 26: Ready, Set, Kindergarten!
If you'd like to watch our past Play and Learn at Home videos, you'll find them here, opens a new window.
Look for our monthly parenting strategies webinars with early childhood experts. This October we will host Leah Creek Biesterfeld, a music teacher. She will share advice on how to incorporate music into your every day life. Sign up here, opens a new window.
Did you miss our other parenting webinars? We recorded them just for you!
- Colleen Bredell, Parenting Strategies: Managing Transitions and Stress, opens a new window
- Dr. Laura Jana, Tips for Success: Raising Your Kids in the 21st Century, opens a new window
- Janet Damon, Parenting Strategies: Discussing Race with Young Children, opens a new window
- Jen Kniffen-Turner, Parenting Strategies: Behavior Changes in Young Children, opens a new window