Are you a small business owner experiencing hardship as a result of COVID-19?
Small Business Relief
Look no further than the Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Networkopens a new window for help navigating the eligibility requirements for accessing federal disaster relief funds. Their consultants and partners, including the Small Business Administration (SBA)opens a new window, provide services to assist with disaster loan applications, long term planning, insurance navigation, physical and economic loss estimations, business preparedness and more. Our local Aurora-South Metro SBDCopens a new window is continuing to offer these services one-on-one via telephone and web in English and Spanish, in addition to web based training and eventsopens a new window.
For questions about employment, the Colorado Department of Labor and Employmentopens a new window has resources for both employersopens a new window experiencing rapid reduction in workforce and workersopens a new window seeking unemployment.
Support Small Business
Looking for more ways to support your local small business community? Try these:
- Buy gift cards to your favorite businesses to use later
- Purchase online from local stores or purchase products to pickup later
- Donate to local charities like food banks and blood banks
- Review businesses online, tag them on social media and remind people what you love about them
- Tip your service workers extra
Have other questions? Ask a Librarian! Our business and career services librarians are still here to help.