Laptops which are not secured to a desk or cart are available for use within the Eloise May Library, Koelbel Library, and Sheridan Library. Southglenn Library also offers Chromebooks for checkout.
Who can check out laptops?
- Patrons who are in good standing*, with an active library card.
How can patrons check out a laptop?
- Please speak to a staff person to obtain the laptop.
Laptop Loan Rules
- A form of collateral is required for laptop check out. A driver’s license or equivalent government issue ID is preferred but are not the only forms of collateral we will accept.
- Laptops are checked out for a period of 3 hours.
- Laptops are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Laptops are not available for placing hold. Patrons will need to check back later with staff about availability.
- Laptops must be used inside the library and are not to be removed from the library building for any reason.
- Laptops cannot be checked out with less than an hour before the library is closing.
- Patrons may check out one laptop at a time.
- Laptops cannot be renewed.
- Laptops must be returned, powered ON, to a staff member 30 minutes before closing.
- Late fees of $10/hr with a 15 minute grace period will be assessed if laptops are turned in late.
- Patrons who do not return a laptop will be charged $500.
- The patron is completely responsible for the safety of the laptop and for any damage or loss that results from accident, theft, misuse or neglect.
Can I print or download software to the laptop?
- Patrons can print from laptops and pay $.10 per page for black/white or $.25 per page for color.
- Patrons can install software on the laptop as long as the installation process does not require a reboot.
*Good standing means the patron does not have fines exceeding $10.
Questions? Contact us!