Who can borrow a NOOK?
- Patrons with an active library card and government issued photo ID may check out the NOOK HD color tablets.
- Each patron can only have one device checked out at a time.
- NOOKs must be checked out by staff.
- The checkout period for NOOKs is three weeks, with three renewals if there are no holds
- NOOKs must be returned to a staff member inside the library—do not use the outside or inside bookdrop. A device returned in the bookdrop will result in a $15 fine, and the patron may be charged up to the total replacement cost if damaged.
- Because the check-in process is more involved than a regular book, please allow 12-24 hours for staff to check in the device and remove it from your account.
- The full replacement cost of a NOOK will be $150
- If the NOOK is returned via the bookdrop, there will be a minimum charge of $15, and you may be charged up to $150 if the NOOK is damaged
Each NOOK is pre-loaded with content that is appropriate for various age levels. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to monitor their children’s use of all materials checked out from the library, including equipment.
The Arapahoe Libraries is not responsible for any loss of media or data while patrons use the device. All added information and content will be permanently removed from the NOOK upon return. It is the responsibility of the patron to remove personal content from all equipment before returning them.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs all reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this equipment is responsible for any infringement.