HEY KIDS, LET'S GET BUILDING!
Love to build with LEGO® Bricks? Kids ages 5–12, submit your best LEGO® Bricks creation to the fourth annual LEGO® Bricks Contest! Recreate your favorite scene from a book or movie using LEGO® Bricks for a chance to win a cool prize. Each entry is judged by a panel of library staff members.
Ready to enter? Print and fill out the LEGO® Bricks Contest entry form when you submit your creation between January 6-25, 2020.
Need inspiration or curious about past winners and their favorite books and movies? Check out last year's winners.
JUDGING AND AWARDS
Winner Notification: Winners will be notified on Thursday, February 6, 2020.
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to first, second and third place winners for children ages 5–8 and ages 9–12.
- First Place: Switch Lite (both age groups)
- Second Place: LEGO® Boost Creative Toolbox (both age groups)
- Third Place: Four (4) Denver Zoo tickets (ages 5–8) and four (4) Denver Museum of Nature and Science tickets (ages 9–12)
Awards Ceremony*: Join us for an awards ceremony on Saturday, February 8, from 5–6 pm at Koelbel Library. All are invited to attend for participants and their families to recognize the hard work.
*If you would like your child’s LEGO® Bricks creation to be displayed at the awards ceremony, please drop off your creation and entry form at Koelbel Library.
LEGO® BRICK ACCESS PROGRAMS
Don’t have your own LEGO® Bricks? Come and make your creation at a LEGO® Bricks Access event.
LEGO® BRICK CONTEST RULES
- Participants must be 5–12 years old.
- Only one entry per participant.
- Entries must be submitted with a completed entry form in person at any Arapahoe Libraries location between January 6 and January 25. If contestants wish to have their physical entry on display for the award ceremony, entries must be dropped off at Koelbel Library.
- For an entry to be eligible for judging, each entry form must have a description to accompany the creation.
- No prizes, awards or any other type of recognition will be given to any entry by an Arapahoe Libraries employee or their immediate family members.
- Entrants grant the Arapahoe Libraries the right to use information provided as part of the submission, including name, city, age and contact information for the following purposes:
- 1) Contact information will only be used to notify the entrant in the event the entrant is selected as a winner of a prize and to invite the entrant to the awards ceremony.
- 2) First name, city and age may be announced to the public in connection with winning entries.