Create using LEGO® Bricks for a chance to win a LEGO® Bricks prize pack! For ages 5-12.
How it Works
Between September 1 and September 24, submit your best LEGO® Bricks creation to our second annual LEGO® Bricks challenge! Children ages 5-12 should recreate their favorite scene from a book or movie using LEGO® Bricks. Each entry will be judged by a panel of library staff members and winners will be notified by Friday, September 29. An awards ceremony on Saturday, September 30, 5-6:30 pm at Koelbel Library will be open to all participants and their families to recognize the hard work.
A LEGO® Bricks prize pack will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in both the 5-8 age group and the 9-12 age group:
1st Place - LEGO® Bricks Book and BB8 by Sphero
2nd Place - LEGO® Bricks Book and LEGO® City Themed Set
3rd Place - LEGO® Branded Tote Bag and Various LEGO® Brick and STEAM Books
Prizes have been generously donated by the Friends of the Arapahoe Libraries.
- Participants must be 5-12 years old.
- Only one entry per participant.
- Entries must be submitted with a completed entry form in person at an Arapahoe Libraries branch between September 1 and September 24. If contestants wish to have their physical entry on display for the award ceremony, entries must be dropped off at the Koelbel Library.
- For an entry to be eligible for judging, each entry form must have a description to accompany the creation.
- No prizes, awards or any other type of recognition will be given to any entry by an Arapahoe Libraries employee or their immediate family members.
- Creations will need to be picked up at the library by October 6.
- Entrants grant the Arapahoe Libraries the right to use information provided as part of the submission, including name, city, age and contact information for the following purposes:
- 1) Contact information will only be used to notify the entrant in the event the entrant is selected as a winner of a prize and to invite the entrant to the awards ceremony.
- 2) First name, city and age may be announced to the public in connection with winning entries.
When: Saturday, September 30, 5-6:30 pm
Where: Koelbel Library