Join us for a program geared for children ages 0-5. Click here to sign up for an upcoming program.
Play and Learn Workshops offer children and their caregivers the opportunity to play and learn with new toys in a safe and stimulating environment. Various community professionals attend each of four workshop sessions to share their expertise about early childhood issues in a relaxed, comfortable setting. It’s a great opportunity to get answers from the experts! Workshops are held in the spring and fall at each Family Place library (Koelbel, Smoky Hill and Sheridan libraries). Registration covers four sessions per location. For children ages 1-3 with a caregiver.
Discover new concepts of science, engineering, math and art with your Little Explorer in this new program series. Children ages 2-5 and their caregivers will investigate a monthly theme that combines learning and literacy. Bring your curiosity and get ready to discover, play and learn!
Enjoy storytime, songs and play activities with your little one. Leave with books and fun activities to keep the learning going at home. For ages 0-5 and their caregivers.
- 1st Tuesday at Castlewood Library at 10:30 am
- 1st Thursday at Smoky Hill Library at 11 am
- 2nd Monday at May Library at 10 am
- 2nd Thursday at May Library at 10 am
- 2nd Friday at Castlewood Library at 10:30 am
- 3rd Tuesday at Sheridan Library at 10:30 am
- 3rd Friday at Kelver Library at 10 am
- 4th Wednesday at Glendale Sports Center at 10 am
We'll show you how to make learning fun for the little ones in your life at this adult workshop. Take home literacy tips, activities, book suggestions and more to set the stage for reading and discovery! For adults who care for children ages 0-5.
- January, March, May, July and September
- 1st Monday of the month at May Library at 6:30pm
- 3rd Wednesday of the month at Southglenn Library at 6:30pm
Gear up for kindergarten in this fun, three-part series. You and your little one are in for an adventure – exploring topics like language, literacy, science and math together. Wear clothes that can get messy; this is a hands-on experience! Borrow a literacy backpack and take home a book to keep. For children ages 3-5 years with their caregiver.