What is the Studio?
Sheridan library offers a Conference Room that doubles as a Studio. To reserve the Conference Room/Studio at Sheridan, please call 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279). At that time, please indicate equipment you will need (for example, the mobile media cart for the studio) to ensure it is available. Please review the Studio guidelines, below, prior to calling to make your reservations.
Equipment* includes tools for music, graphics, video and more.
- iMacs with iLife and design tools
- Analog Video to Digital Video Converter
- 3D Printer
- Pioneer DJ Station
- Green screen
- Lacie hard drives
- Digitization station
* Some equipment may not be available at all locations. For more information on equipment please call 303-LIBRARY.
Software tools include:
- Adobe Creative Cloud - creative desktop applications
- Screencast-o-matic - screencasting
- Gimp - photo editing
- Audacity - audio recording
- dim3 - 3D game creation
- scratch - animation
- Google SketchUp - 3D modeling software
- Skype - communication tool
- VLC media player - video player/converter
- Picasa - photo editing, also compatible with Samsung camcorder
- Burn - more file conversions, easier to burn files than with disk utility
- Adapter - media conversion tool
- Final Cut Pro - video editing
- MakerWare - slicer software
- Soundflower - audio system extension
- Rocksmith 2014 - Video game that teaches you how to play the guitar.
- Three hours maximum.
- Light snacks and covered beverages are permitted in The Studios.
- Be mindful of closing and of others, please finish projects and organize used equipment a half hour before leaving.
- Room capacity:
- Smoky Hill Studio allows up to 3 people
- Southglenn Studio's Video Recording Room allows up to 7 people
- Southglenn Studio's Audio Recording Room allows up to 3 people
- Sheridan Studio allows up to 3 people
If you need technical assistance during your visit, please Book a Studio Librarian before making a reservation.
Note: If a group has not arrived or called the library to report a delay within 15 minutes of the time they were supposed to begin using the room, staff may allow others to use the room.
To reserve the Conference Room/Studio space at Sheridan Library, please call 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279).
Check out these Studio band recordings:
"August" by Ben Lacy
"Fly For Me Now" by Sun-Dried Nanners