Sign up for our new text messaging service to receive alerts about holds, items coming due, overdue items, and fines.
Patrons may choose to receive overdue notices by email, phone, or text. Overdue notices are issued two weeks after an item is due. If you choose notification by email or text, you will also receive a courtesy reminder notice two days before an item is due.
• 20¢ per item per day (Exception: Electronic devices, which accrue overdue fines at $2/day; laptop fee: $10/hr after a 15-minute grace period)
• There is a grace period of two days, after which fines are assessed when the item is checked in. Fines are assessed from the original date due and start at $0.60.
• The maximum (overdue) fine that will be placed on a patron record for overdue materials is $4 per item for children’s items and $10 per item for all other materials (including Young Adult).
• Electronic device returned to book drop: $15, if device is undamaged; the replacement cost is charged if the device is damaged.
• Pay online using a credit card by logging in to your library account. Payment amount must be at least $2.
• At the library, use a credit card at the self-check machines. Payment amount must be at least $2.
• See a library staff person for assistance with paying with cash or by check.
• Unpaid fines of more than $10 block checkout of additional items.
• Patrons with fines exceeding $50 are not permitted access to the Library District's public computers.
• Collection Agency Fee: Library card accounts with balances due of more than $50 and an item overdue by 65 days are referred to a collection agency. A collection agency fee of $10 is assessed.
• Non-Sufficient Funds Fee: When a check is returned to ALD with Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF), a $25.00 fee is added to the amount of the original check.
• Exception: No overdue fines are charged to patrons age 62 and over. Please tell us if you qualify.
|An item overdue by 50 days is considered lost and the replacement cost for the price of the item is billed to the patron’s account. Due to cataloging and processing requirements, we do not accept replacement items from patrons.|
|Audiobook – 1 disc||$10|
|Book Club Kit - Entire||$100|
|Book Club Kit – 1 Book||$10|
|Device Accessories (case, cord…)||$10|
|Magazine - Adult||$4|
|Magazine – Children's||$2|
|Playaway View Cord||$15|
|All Others||Replacement Cost|
|Computer CD-R Disc||$1|
|USB Flash Drives||$10|
|Black & White Prints or Copies||10 cents/page|
|Color Printing||25 cents/page|
|Used Books||Friend's Bookstores|
|Food & Beverage||Coffee Shops|