3D PRINTING SERVICE
3D PRINT SERVICE UNAVAILABLE
At this time, 3D print requests are not accepted. Please check back when the library reopens.
3D PRINTER GUIDELINES
- One request at a time per person.
- The item must print in under five hours.
- The item must fit within a 5.8 x 5.8 x 6.6 inch area.
- Once you have been contacted, you have four weeks to pick up your item from a staff member at the front desk.
- Please pick up your completed 3D print before submitting another request.
- Arapahoe Libraries cannot print any items protected by copyright. For more information, please read our Acceptable Use of Technology Policy.
Design your own 3D prints using these recommended websites.
Tinkercad is a great tool for beginners and experts alike. Create a free account to build a 3D design in this browser-based 3D solid modeling tool. Chrome and Firefox browsers work best.
Cookie Caster is a site where you can easily design a cookie cutter in minutes! Draw your own shape or trace an existing image to create your cookie cutter file.
Blender is a free open-source program that you can download for modeling, animating and editing anything in 3D.
WHAT'S A 3D PRINTER?
A 3D printer is a machine that creates a physical object based on digital renderings by "printing" layers upon layers with filament. Every Arapahoe Library has a Lulzbot Mini 2 3D printer to give you the chance to interact and learn about them and other emerging technologies.