Get Creative in the Makerspace!
Do you enjoy expressing yourself creatively with crafts, textiles, and design? Join us at the Makerspace at Castlewood Library.
Our DIY creative space (also known as a fablab, hackspace, or hackerspace) features all the tools you need to tinker, hack, craft or create anything you can imagine. No appointment needed, all items are available on a first come, first served basis.
Equipment includes tools for working with textiles, crafts, electronics, and more. Tools include:
- Sewing Machines
- Dress Forms
- Button and Badge Maker
- Knitting and crochet supplies
- Quilting supplies
- Embroidery supplies
- Soldering Irons
- General Purpose Tools
- Heat Gun
- iMac with a Variety of Graphic Design Tools
- Various Saws*
- Orbital Sander
- Lulzbot Taz 3D printer* (uses file type: STL, OBJ)
- Full Spectrum Laser Cutter* (uses file type: JPG, PNG, PDF)
- CNC (3D Carver)* (uses file type: JPG, PNG, STL, SVG)
- Brother PE-770 Embroidery Machine*
- Cameo Automated Paper Cutter (uses file type: JPG, PNG, PDF)
*This equipment is only available during Full-Service Hours since it requires trained staff to assist patrons during use.
Full Service (Staffed) Hours:
- Monday through Friday: 3pm–7pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 1pm–5pm
- Monday through Thursday: 9am–3pm; 7pm–9pm
- Friday through Saturday: 9am–1pm