The Arapahoe Library District is pleased to offer computer and Internet access to the public free of charge at all library locations, including the bookmobile. Anyone, regardless of age or residency, can use a library computer. Each library is also equipped for wireless Internet access.
Using a Library Computer
- You can use a library computer for 30 minutes at a time, using your library card. All Denver Metro residents will need to have an Arapahoe Library District library card to access the public computers. Computer Guest Passes will only be available to patrons visiting from outside of the Denver area.
- You can extend your 30-minute reservation in 15-minute increments indefinitely if no one else is waiting to use a computer.
- When all computers are in use, you can make a reservation for the next available computer. There is no limit to the number of reservations you can place in one day.
- For a variety of reasons, including safety and comfort, the use of Internet computers in the youth services areas or designated libraries is restricted to children or teens under 18 years old and parents who are assisting their children. Computers in other areas of those libraries are available to all ages.
- Library computers may not be used for any illegal activity or to access information that by local community standards would be considered obscene.
- Laptop computers are available for a three hour checkout period at the Eloise May Library. Read the Laptop Checkouts page for more details.
- Patrons with fines exceeding $50 will not be allowed access to the Library District's public computers. Please see a library staff person for assistance or log in to your library account in order to pay fines using a credit or debit card.
Printing and Downloading From a Library Computer
- You can print pages from the library computers. Black and white copies are $.10 per page. Color copies are $.25 per page.
- Personal computers can be connected to the library printers by visiting the Locations & Hours page and clicking on the Laptop Printing icon. A temporary piece of software will be loaded onto your machine that you must install. During your session in the library, you may select a library printer for your print jobs. You will be prompted for a password to retrieve the job. We recommend using your library card number so that you can scan your card at the print release station.
- Information can be downloaded or saved from a library computer to a CD or portable drive (USB, Flash, keychain drive, etc.). These items are available for purchase at most libraries. The Library District is not responsible for loss or damage to downloaded data, files or hardware.
- In accordance with State and Federal laws, all library Internet computers are filtered to screen out obscene and sexually explicit websites. Library computers designated for use by youth are more strictly filtered in accordance with the Federal Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) and Colorado's Internet Protection Act.
- No filtering system is infallible. The Arapahoe Library District does not assume responsibility for the accuracy of its Internet filters. Parents have the right and responsibility to monitor their children's use of the library computers and the Internet to ensure their safety.
Computer Use Privacy
- The Arapahoe Library District is committed to protecting your privacy, but as a public institution cannot guarantee absolute privacy.
- Your activities on a library computer are not recorded or stored on the computer hard drive.
- When you use your library card number to reserve a library computer, no permanent link is recorded or retained to match your library card number with your Library Account information, i.e. your name, address, etc.
- Library computers are rebooted at the close of each user session to erase all of the information about activities on those computers. Upon reboot all public library computers are equipped with a security feature that removes all new information inputted or saved to the computer’s internal storage.
- The Arapahoe Library District assumes no responsibility for information you choose to provide to websites, services or individuals when using a library computer.
- Free wireless Internet access is available at all Library District locations. No plug or phone jack is needed. Simply, turn on your notebook, laptop or other wireless device.
- The wireless network is not secure and the Library District assumes no responsibility for the safety of your equipment, security or data files. Information may be captured by anyone with a wireless device and appropriate software.
- Printing is available. Read Printing from Personal Laptops for more information.
- Wireless Internet access in the library is filtered in the same manner as the library’s own public use computers. Wireless users are asked to abide by the Library District's Acceptable Use of Library Technology and Services.
Free Computer Classes
- The Arapahoe Library District offers free computer classes on topics ranging from basic computer use to Internet searching, using word processing software, doing advanced online research, and more. Please get a schedule of classes at your favorite library, or browse the Computer Class calendar.
For more information about using library computers, please contact us.