During the course of its activities, the District may receive personal identifying information of its employees, contractors, directors, and/or constituents. Personal identifying information is classified under the Colorado Revised Statutes, Section 24-73-101(4)(b) as the following:
- Social security number;
- Personal identification number;
- Official state or government-issued driver's license or identification card number;
- Government passport number;
- Biometric data (i.e. finger print or retina scan);
- Employer, student, or military identification number;
- Financial transaction devices (i.e. credit cards, debit cards, banking cards, electronic funds transfer cards, guaranteed check cards, and financial account numbers).
When paper or electronic documentation containing personal identifying information is no longer needed, the District shall destroy or arrange for the destruction of such paper and electronic documents within its custody or control that contain personal identifying information by shredding, erasing, or otherwise modifying the personal identifying information in the paper or electronic documents to make the personal identifying information unreadable or indecipherable through any means.