Thanksgiving is the perfect time to remember the importance of being grateful and giving thanks.
Try these simple ideas to show others your gratitude:
Something as simple as making a homemade thank you card is a great way to be grateful for what you have received.
- Mention specific things your family does that you are grateful for.
"I am thankful my parents go to work to make money so I can have food, clothes and all the basic necessities in life."
"I am thankful my parents make me clean my room because they want me to live in a healthy environment and learn responsibility."
Read A Story
Sometimes reading a story can have a profound impact on how you view something. Books are a great way to open up the lines of communication and discuss this subject matter further.
A Gratitude Jar
What you'll need:
- Small pieces of paper
- A mason or similar jar
- Decorative materials (we used photos and fake leaves)
- Mod Podge
- Brush to apply Mod Podge
- Every day in November, write grateful moments on a piece of paper. It could be a drawing or something you're thankful for.
- Place those small pieces of paper in the jar.
- Decorate the jar in any way you choose – maybe with photos, souvenirs from times spent together as a family, maybe art supplies will do the trick.
- Then, come Thanksgiving Day, open the jar and read each gratitude moment.
Come up with your own ideas!