LinkedIn Learning, formerly Lynda.com, is a great resource for Digital Media Station patrons. LinkedIn Learning allows library card holders to access a vast amount of courses, including many related to digitizing, editing and archiving taught by recognized industry experts. And, you can learn at your own pace!
Be sure to log in with your library card, opens a new window to access the following courses free of charge!
Learn how to better digitize, organize and archive your photos in this 2-hour course!
- Preserving digital media
- Transferring images to your computer
- Creating an ultralight backup system for travel
- Sending images from cameras to mobile devices
- Internal vs. external hard drives
- Organizing photos in managed vs. referenced catalogs
- Archiving images from older hard drives
- Integrating cloud services
- Making prints
- Digitizing snapshots
There are various ways to preserve your digitized photos. This 52-minute course will show you how!
- Getting organizing
- Culling the best images
- Saving two local copies of each photo
- Storing photos on the cloud
- Posting photos to social media
- Printing photos
- Accessing archived images easily
Are you interested in the basics of video editing to enhance your digitized home movies? Then this brief 37-minute course is for you!
Take your skills to the next level with this 3-hour course covering the technical aspects of video editing.
- Exploring an editor's role in storytelling
- Understanding film grammar
- Learning when to follow and when to break editing "rules"
- Exploring shot and lens movement, as well as timing and pacing
- Getting to know video editing software
- Editing narrative scenes
- Editing documentaries
- Looking at the role of sound design, effects, and color correction
- Next steps for training and development