Sunscreen? Check. Water bottle? Check. Summer safety and first aid? Coming right up!
Children who are prepared for injuries to themselves or others are more confident during an emergency, may be less likely to panic, and may think twice before getting into an unsafe situation. Talk about what makes a situation unsafe, what to do if they or a friend have been hurt and what to do if they don't feel safe.
How to Start the Safety Discussion
- What to Teach Your Children About Home Safety, opens a new window from SafeWise
- Teaching Safety to Your Preschooler, opens a new window from FamilyEducation
- Children Calling for Help and 911, opens a new window from the City of Norfolk, VA
- Teaching Your Child How to Use 911, opens a new window from KidsHealth
How to Teach Your Child Basic First Aid
- The 5 Important First Aid Skills Your Kids Need to Know, opens a new window from Simple Family Preparedness
- Teaching My Child First Aid: 6 Essentials, opens a new window from eartheasy
- Qwik Sheet: Teaching Your Kids First Aid, opens a new window from ParentingPress.com
- Teaching Basic First Aid to Kids, opens a new window from Run Wild My Child
Arapahoe Libraries wishes you and your family a fun and safe summer season!