Sunscreen? Check. Water bottle? Check. Summer safety and first aid? Coming right up!
Children who are prepared for injuries in themselves or others are more confident during an emergency, may be less likely to panic, and may think twice before getting into an unsafe situation. Talk about what makes a situation unsafe, what to do if they or a friend have been hurt and what to do if they don't feel safe.
How to Start the Safety Discussion
- What to Teach Your Children About Home Safetyopens a new window from SafeWise
- Teaching Safety to Your Preschooleropens a new window from FamilyEducation
- Children Calling for Help and 911opens a new window from the City of Norfolk, VA
- 14 Important Safety Lessons to Teach Your Kidsopens a new window from Babble
How to Teach Your Child Basic First Aid
- The 5 Important First Aid Skills Your Kids Need to Knowopens a new window from Simple Family Preparedness
- Teaching My Child First Aid: 6 Essentialsopens a new window from eartheasy
- Teaching Your Child How to Use 911opens a new window from KidsHealth
- Qwik Sheet: Teaching Your Kids First Aidopens a new window from ParentingPress.com
Arapahoe Libraries wishes you and your family a fun and safe summer season!