Summer is flowers, trees, warmth, sun and swimming. But it's also bees, splinters and skinned knees. Don't let these mishaps keep you from having fun!
First up, get that first aid kit ready!
- How to Build an Essential Summer First Aid Kit from HealthyChildren.org (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Anatomy of a First Aid Kit from the American Red Cross
- How to Build Your Own First-Aid Kit from Boys' Life
Next, what do you do?! Here are overviews of basic first aid:
- Child and Baby First Aid and the Baby and Child First Aid Reference Guide from the American Red Cross
- First Aid Guide for Parents and Caregivers from HealthyChildren.org (AAP)
- First Aid 101 for Parents from the Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- 10 Things for Parents to Know Before Heading to the ER from HealthyChildren.org (AAP)
- Get access to Gale Courses' Handling Medical Emergencies class with your library card
First Aid Tips for the Hottest Months
- Summer First Aid Tips for Parents from Boston Children's Hospital's Thriving
- Summer First Aid Guide: How to Treat Minor Injuries from Today's Parent
- First Aid and Outdoor Safety from Sierra Trading Post
Last, review summer safety tips:
- Water Safety at Home from Safe Kids Worldwide
- Bicycle Safety from Drive Smart Colorado
- Have a Sun-Safe Summer from the American Cancer Society
- Pool Safety Tips from Pool Safely
- Avoid Bug Bites from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Hiking Tips: Hike Smart from The Colorado Hiker
- Camping: Staying Safe from the National Park Service
With this list, you'll be more than prepared for whatever summer brings you!