Summer is flowers, trees, warmth, sun and swimming. But it's also bees, splinters and skinned knees. Don't let these mishaps keep you from having fun!
First up, get that first aid kit ready!
- How to Build an Essential Summer First Aid Kitopens a new window from HealthyChildren.org (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Anatomy of a First Aid Kitopens a new window from the American Red Cross
- How to Build Your Own First-Aid Kitopens a new window from Boys' Life
Next, what do you do?! Here are overviews of basic first aid:
- Child and Baby First Aidopens a new window and the Baby and Child First Aid Reference Guideopens a new window from the American Red Cross
- First Aid Guide for Parents and Caregiversopens a new window from HealthyChildren.org (AAP)
- First Aid 101 for Parentsopens a new window from the Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- 10 Things for Parents to Know Before Heading to the ERopens a new window from HealthyChildren.org (AAP)
- Get access to Gale Courses' Handling Medical Emergenciesopens a new window class with your library card
First Aid Tips for the Hottest Months
- Summer First Aid Tips for Parentsopens a new window from Boston Children's Hospital's Thriving
- Summer First Aid Guide: How to Treat Minor Injuriesopens a new window from Today's Parent
Last, review summer safety tips:
- Water Safety at Homeopens a new window from Safe Kids Worldwide
- Bicycle Safetyopens a new window from Drive Smart Colorado
- Have a Sun-Safe Summeropens a new window from the American Cancer Society
- Pool Safety Tipsopens a new window from Pool Safely
- Avoid Bug Bitesopens a new window from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Camping: Staying Safeopens a new window from the National Park Service
Hiking Safely in the Heat with Kidsopens a new window and 9 Ways to Keep Kids Safe on a Hike from Sierra
With this list, you'll be more than prepared for whatever summer brings you!