When it comes to reading books, does listening to an audiobook count?
Many people listen to books rather than read them. They're a great way to fit books into a busy schedule, but does the convenience of listening mean you're cheating at reading? Check out these articles to hear what others have to say:
Try an Audiobook
Interested in trying an audiobook?
- Explore lists and blogs that include audiobooks
- Find more audiobooks in the library catalog
- Get audiobooks on your device with eAudiobooks from OverDrive or hoopla
Suggestions for When to Listen
Audiobooks are great for commuting, road trips, workouts, house work and more. Looking for more chances to squeeze one in? Here are some ideas for when to listen:
- While cooking dinner
- While shoveling snow or raking leaves
- Waiting in line or in a waiting room
- While getting a massage
- While crafting
- While gardening
- While folding laundry
Tell us your favorite ways to fit in audiobooks in the comments below!