Do you ever imagine a bar filled with all your favorite fictional characters from books, movies and TV shows serving up their favorite bevys. Now you are! See who ordered what in this fictional happy hour and learn how to make your own version of these beverages at home.
- Ingredients: (5 parts) vodka, (3 parts) fresh cream, (2 parts) coffee liqueur
- Served: On the rocks, poured over ice
Order up for The Dude, the infamous character from the classic movie comedy The Big Lebowski.
- Ingredients:(6 parts) vodka, (1 part) dry vermouth, garnished with a lemon twist
- Served: shaken, not stirred
- Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Vodka Citron, 1 oz cranberry juice, 1/2 oz Cointreau, 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- Served: Shaken and strained into a martini glass with a lime wheel
- Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz bourbon or rye whiskey, 1 sugar cube, 2 dashes Angostura bitters, few dashes plain water
- Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
- Ingredients: Red wine produced in the Chianti region of central Tuscany
- Served: With liver and some fava beans
Order up for Hannibal Lecter, a cultured psychiatrist and "foodie" of questionable tastes who first appeared in the "Hannibal Lector" series of books written by Thomas Harris that were later turned into films such as The Silence of the Lambs.
- Ingredients: 6 oz tequila, 2 oz triple sec, 4 oz lime juice, ice and salt
- Served: Blend the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and ice til slushy and pour in a salt rimmed glass with a touch of magic
TEA, EARL GREY, HOT
- Ingredients: Earl Grey tea (ideally served from a replicator)
- Served: Hot
Finishing the night with a non-alcoholic beverage, this order goes out to Jean-Luc Picard, Starship Captain of the USS Enterprise from the Star Trek TV series, and movie franchise. Picard appeared first in Star Trek: The Next Generation and later in the 2020 series Star Trek: Picard. Create some tea inspired beverages with these Tea Cocktails.
MAKE YOUR OWN HAPPY HOUR
Need more mixology inspiration? Try these DIY Classy Cocktails.
Keep the fictional bartending theme going and try Matching Fiction to Cocktails.
Discuss books while enjoying a beverage in the Books on Tap book club.