Holiday time brings potential. Potential excitement and even potential stress. It can be easy to forget all the energy that goes with the winter season and the holidays. Adults and children alike become skilled multitaskers trying to fit every possibility into a short period of time. Doing this can be draining on the mind, the body, and our day-to-day attentiveness. Practicing mindfulness over the holidays with the whole family can help find the balance between happiness and feeling overwhelmed.
Check out the following resources to help relieve stress and enjoy every moment!
- Jill M. Emanuele, PhD, provides a basic overview of mindfulness along with some suggestions on how to Enjoy the Holidays with Mindfulness, opens a new window from Child Mind Institute.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine provides 4 Mindful Tips to De-Stress this Holiday Season, opens a new window including how to keep focused and rethinking goals.
- Mindfulness is important for children, too! Set the pace for your household with How to Help Your Kids Navigate Holiday Stress , opens a new windowfrom mindful.org.
- Mindfulness can be a family practice. Take a look at these 5 Ways to Practice Mindfulness, opens a new window from Atlanta Parent.
- Find tips, activities, and app ideas from BrightPath with How to Be Mindful this Holiday Season, opens a new window.
- Bring activities into your home with these 51 Mindfulness Exercises for Kids in the Classroom, opens a new window. Many of these activities can be adapted to fit any environment you find yourself in.
At Your Library
How to Talk So Little Kids Will Listen