Get ready for the writer's annual marathon, National Novel Writing Month, opens a new window! Can you make it to 50,000 words in 30 days? Since we're in the book business, we want to share with you some of our favorite resources to help you reach your goal.
Lists to Inspire
- Did you know these authors were NaNoWriMo writers?
- Think you can't teach an old dog new tricks? These authors published later in their lives.
- Find out what authors have to say about writing.
- Struggling with writer's block? Break through with tips from YA authors.
- Kids can do it, too! Here are some NaNoWriMo tips for young authors.
Websites and Free Resources
Register for a free Gale Course on creative writing, publishing and more.
LinkedIn Learning, opens a new window has fantastic video tutorials on writing for free.
- Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers, opens a new window is a nonprofit group specializing in training writers who would like to publish their work.
- If you've wondered, this video explains how the world of self-publishing works, opens a new window.
- TED Talks are a great way to get motivated! Watch these 7 talks by writers, opens a new window.
- It's late at night and you've run into the dreaded writer's block. Decompress by reading words of advice from 33 authors, opens a new window.
What inspires you to write? How do you keep going during NaNoWriMo? Let us know in the comments!