Want an easy way to include STEAM into your child's day? We have the answer: cooking!
It's as simple as that! Measuring, stirring, heating the oven, following a recipe, adjusting for altitude, chemistry, time needed to cook, and final presentation make Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) exciting and relevant to your child.
Interested in cooking with little ones but don't know where to start? Try these links:
- Cooking with Preschool Childrenopens a new window by Growing Minds
- Cooking with Kidsopens a new window by KidsHealth
- How Young Kids Can Help in the Kitchen: A List of Activities by Ageopens a new window by kitchn
- Cookingwithkids.orgopens a new window
- A Guide to Cookery Skills by Ageopens a new window by BBC Good Food