What makes a good promotion? When posting to a community board (virtual or in person) there are a few key things to keep in mind when creating your marketing material. Use the tips below as a checklist for success and discover resources to help you along the way.
- Company Name
- Your company name is your brand. Make it clear who you are.
- Image of Product or Service
- Your image should be representative of your work and help support your brand. Make it pop.
- Call to Action
- Your call to action should be a clear statement about what you want people to do whether it be use a promo code or visit your website. Make it concise.
- Contact Information
- Your contact information can be a website, phone number or email. Make sure they know how to contact you.
Don’t have a flyer or business card image handy to upload? Check out our online learning tools such as our Grow with Google Introduction to Make a Promotional Flyer, opens a new window course or our Goodwill Online course on Branding and Identity., opens a new window. We also have a variety of resources to help small businesses explore more with our online courses such as Pivoting Your Small Business in a Crisis, opens a new window or Small Business Marketing, opens a new window on Lynda.com.
Need help building your marketing plan beyond our Virtual Community Board or researching your local market and customers? Sign up for a one-on-one virtual appointment with our business librarian to learn more.