Starting a business can be complicated. By the numbers, about 1 in 10 immigrants will start their own business. If you're reading this, you may be one of them!
In this guide, you will find resources for starting a business, learning English, and learning more about local business regulations.
- Learn English at our English classes
- Meet with a business librarian
- Try out LinkedIn Learning for self-paced, online classes
- Check out the online business databases
https://www.adworks.org, opens a new window | General Phone #: 303-636-1160
- Free assistance with recruiting qualified employees, training, and retaining them.
- Reports on the local workforce and competitive wages.
- Wage Reimbursement Program (M.A.T.C.H.) - Get reimbursed for an employees wages when you allow them to train on the job.
- COVID reopening/recovery resource list.
http://www.centrohumanitario.org, opens a new window | General Phone #: 303-292-4115
- Promotes the rights and well-being of day laborers in Colorado through education, job skills, leadership development, united action and advocacy.
- Business owners can hire day laborers.
- Women can join a worker-owned cooperative and learn business related skills to prepare for starting their own business.
https://centrosanjuandiego.org, opens a new window | General Phone #: 303-295-9470
- Small business classes (currently on hiatus)
- Tax preparation assistance
- GED preparation and English language classes
- Legal nights every first & third Wednesday of the month from 5:30-7:00 pm. Appointments required, go here to register for one.
https://micasaresourcecenter.org, opens a new window | General Phone #: 303-573-1302
- Free business development consulting with experienced, bilingual business coaches.
- Classes & workshops for starting a business, social media marketing, and more.
- English classes, GED preparation, computer classes.
https://rmmfi.org/ | General Phone #: 720-941-5037
- Free or low-cost classes and workshops (in English and Spanish) to help test, launch, or grow your business
- Individualized mentorship and coaching plus connections to trusted community resources
- Grants and low-interest loans to help with start-up or operational costs
https://www.aurora-southmetrosbdc.com, opens a new window | General Phone #303-326-8686
- Free business consulting including Spanish language consultants.
- Low cost classes & trainings, in both English and Spanish.
- Help with developing a plan for your business, manufacturing, lending, exports and imports, market research, and more.
https://unitedwaydenver.org/united-for-business, opens a new window | General Phone #: 720-501-3920
- Free business consulting, including in-depth consulting for businesses in their target cities or neighborhoods: Aurora, Globeville and Elyria-Swansea.
- In-depth consulting also includes free consulting from specialized volunteers, such as accountants or marketing experts.
https://workoptions.org, opens a new window | General Phone #: 720-944-3393
- Provides free training in food service, including classes
- Help with job-search, resumes and interviews
Please let us know if there are additional resources in or near Arapahoe County for immigrants. You can comment below or Contact Us.