Candy's great, but not every child can indulge. Food sensitivities and allergies can put a damper on trick or treating. I've rounded up some non-food treats for your little ghosties and goblins on Halloween.
- BUBBLES! Even I get excited when I see bubbles in the treat bag.
- Finger puppets! They can put on their own puppet shows long after Halloween is over.
- Stickers! What child doesn't like stickers?
- Glow sticks! They'll come in handy for walking in the dark. Bonus: throw them into your child's bath and turn out the lights for a glowing bathtime.
- Temporary tattoos! Wash them off with rubbing alcohol when the holiday is over.
If you have a child with food allergies, head for houses with teal pumpkins. They're the houses who are handing out non-food treats.
Have fun, stay safe and have a spooky Halloween!