Donating books is a great way to clear out space in your home. As an added bonus, you can feel great knowing the sale of used books helps support library programs like Summer Reading. Best of all, your donations are tax-deductible.
The Friends of Arapahoe Libraries gladly accepts:
- Gently used books of all sorts—hardback fiction and nonfiction, paperbacks in good condition and children’s books
- DVDs and CDs
- Audiobooks, vinyl, video games and other media
- Textbooks without writing or highlighting
The Friends of Arapahoe Libraries cannot accept:
- Readers' Digest Condensed Books
- Reference books (travel books, medical books, etc.) over three years old
- Any items previously owned by other libraries
- Cassette tapes
- VHS tapes
- Empty cases for CDs, DVDs, etc.
- Technology or electronics
- Furniture (CD racks, book cases, etc.)
Due to storage limitations at our smaller libraries, gently used donations are only accepted at Smoky Hill, Koelbel and Eloise May Libraries. Each library has a back door where staff receive donations between 9 am and 5 pm Monday through Saturday.
For the safety of our volunteers, we ask that donations be boxed, not bagged.
Have questions? Call The Friends of Arapahoe Libraries' office at 303-792-8960.