Arapahoe Libraries strives to provide quality library services to all users in a safe environment that is conducive to recreational reading, educational study and research. Any behavior that is disruptive or that inhibits Arapahoe Libraries from ensuring a safe environment or interferes with the use of the library may result in denied access to facilities and services.
To create a safer environment for patrons and staff, we are asking everyone who enters the libraries to adhere to the following guidelines along with the original Patron Code of Conduct.
- Please respect the safety of staff and other patrons. Do not enter buildings if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case.
- All patrons age 3 and older are strongly encouraged to wear a mask while using the library, regardless of vaccination status. All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly against the side of the face
- Open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
- Individuals will maintain six feet of physical distancing between themselves and others within the libraries. Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to adhere to this guideline.
- Patrons are expected to follow all signage and staff requests when visiting the libraries.
- Once you enter the library, please keep your children with you and stay with your family.
If you are unable to adhere to any of these guidelines, we invite you to explore our digital resources, or check out books via home or mail delivery. For more information, call 303-LIBRARY (303) 542-7279.
Implemented July 2020
Updated August 2020
Updated April 2021
Updated May 2021
Updated June 2021
Updated August 2021