At Arapahoe Libraries, we're working hard to serve you safely. Book drops are currently open and accepting returns at all locations except Southglenn Library. Holds are available for scheduled Park and Pickup service and Arapahoe Libraries are open for Library by Appointment. Please read the COVID-19 Code of Conduct guidelines for what to expect when visiting the library under COVID-19 restrictions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Welcome back to the library! Arapahoe Libraries is operating under state and local health department guidelines. Updated safety guidelines have been implemented with you and staff in mind. Do not enter the library if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case. Please reference the COVID-19 Code of Conduct guidelines for what to expect when visiting the library under COVID-19 restrictions.
- Appointments can be made for the same day or up to seven days in advance. One appointment per day.
- Individuals will maintain six feet of physical distancing between themselves and others within the libraries.
- Libraries are cleaned between each 90-minute appointment.
- Patrons 3 years and older are required to wear masks while inside the libraries. For mask requirements, view the COVID-19 Code of Conduct.
- Food and drink are not allowed within the libraries.
- Technology Specialists are available by chat or phone for questions.
PRINTING AT THE LIBRARY
- Printing is available during appointments. Computers are available on a first come, first served basis. Not all computers may be available due to social distancing guidelines.
When you receive a message that you have a hold ready, or if you see in your account that an item is ready to be picked up, use Park and Pickup to schedule a time to pick up your materials or schedule a 90-minute Library by Appointment to come into the library.
Park and Pickup will be available at Southglenn Library through September 19.
We know times are challenging and that we're all safer at home, so we've extended the time you can keep the materials you check out.
- Items that previously checked out for 3 weeks (books, audiobook CDs and DVDs with more than 1 disc) now check out for 5 weeks.
- Items that previously checked out for 1 week (DVDs with 1 disc and music CDs) now check out for 2 weeks.
We are also excited to offer holds on magazines. Any magazines that were available for check out pre-closure are now available for holds and can be checked out using Park and Pickup.
- Items that do not fit in the manual book drop can be returned at the front doors of the library Monday-Saturday 12-4 pm.
- Items may stay on your record for up to a week after you return them due to new handling procedures.
Service Update FAQs
We'll be sure to let you know with a notification (by email, text or phone) when your hold(s) is ready. Find out how to sign up for text alerts, or contact us for help changing your notification preference. You can also log in to your library account to check the status of your holds. Holds that are ready for pick up will display with a green "Ready" button. When you have received a notification or confirmed a hold is ready, visit arapahoelibraries.org/holds then select the library where your holds are waiting to schedule a 30-minute time slot for pickup. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Arapahoe Libraries is now open for visits by appointment. We look forward to welcoming you back to the library!
Reservations are required and can be made on the same day or up to seven days in advance. You can reserve one 90-minute library appointment per day. To make an appointment, please call 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279) or visit our reservation website.
The health and safety of our patrons and staff continue to be the top priority. The libraries will be open during the day with intermittent closures for frequent cleaning and sanitizing. View library locations and new hours. Please note that Southglenn Library is temporarily closed for carpet replacement and installation with a reopening date of sometime in early October.
What you need to know before scheduling your visit:
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home.
- Masks must be worn and no food or drink will be allowed in the library.
- Staff and patrons will adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Library locations will maintain a capacity of no more than 50 percent.
- You will be asked to follow the COVID-19 Patron Code of Conduct, opens a new window.
- Once you arrive at the library, please check in at the welcome desk near the library’s entrance.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, as well as disposable masks for those who need one.
- Restrooms will be available for patron use.
- Computers are offered during Library by Appointment times on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend you arrive at the beginning of each appointment time for the best opportunity to get a computer.
- Meeting and study rooms will not be available.
- Park and Pickup services are still available for your convenience. Please visit our website, opens a new window to make an appointment or call 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279).
Visit our Services Updates, opens a new window page for a list of all services currently available to patrons.
You can make an appointment for yourself or for a group. When you go through the reservation process, you'll be asked for the number of people in your party.
To make an appointment, please call 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279) or visit our reservation website.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Returned items may stay on your record for up to a week due to new handling procedures.
Computers are offered during Library by Appointment, opens a new window times on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend you arrive at the beginning of each appointment time for the best opportunity to access a computer.