Tax Resources

2020 Tax Information

Internal Revenue Service (IRS), opens a new window
The IRS official site has information on filing federal taxes along with quick links for common forms and instructions. The site is also available in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Russian and other languages. Federal forms can be ordered by telephone at 1-800-829-3676.

Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments, opens a new window
Federal tax help for taxpayers, businesses, tax-exempt organizations and others—including health plans—affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).

Colorado Department of Revenue, opens a new window
The Colorado tax site has links to state forms along with information on filing, paying and receiving refunds. You can reach the Taxpayer Helpline at 303-238-7378.

Tax Preparation Help 

Colorado Taxpayer Service Centers, opens a new window
All of the Taxpayer Service Centers are open by appointment only for in-person visits. Schedule an in-person appointment online for a center near you.

The Piton Foundation: Tax Help Colorado, opens a new window
Tax Help Colorado offers free tax preparation assistance to families who earn less than about $57,000 a year. Services are available in English and Spanish. Visit the website to find a location, book an appointment near you and verify language availability.

Denver Asset Building Coalition: Tax Help , opens a new window
All DABC Free Tax Super Sites prepare and e-file basic federal and State of Colorado income tax returns FREE of charge for low income families and individuals. Services are available in English and Spanish. Services will be first come, first served (drop-off only, car-side) at site parking lot. Visit the website for locations and operating hours.

Colorado VITA , opens a new window
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) and TCE (Tax Counseling for the Elderly) offer FREE preparation and e-filing of Federal and Colorado State income taxes for low income taxpayers and the elderly. Visit the website for a list of locations and what to expect.

My Free Taxes, opens a new window
Qualified taxpayers can prepare their own simple returns online for FREE with telephone and chat support from trained volunteers from United Way.

AARP Foundation Tax-Aide, opens a new window
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free tax preparation help to moderate–low income taxpayers, especially those 50 and older. Tax help is provided in safe environments using a variety of methods based on a number of factors, including where you are located, COVID-19 spread, and volunteer availability

IRS Free File, opens a new window
The IRS offers free e-filing of federal returns for taxpayers with adjusted gross incomes under $72,000. The Free File fillable forms are also available to all taxpayers for use in lieu of paper forms.

Tax Forms in the Libraries

Arapahoe Libraries receives limited quantities of paper tax forms available inside the libraries. Forms and instructions can also be printed from public computers. Library staff are unable to offer tax advice.

Print this page