3D PRINTING SERVICE
3D PRINT REQUEST FORM
Attach your STL file, and we’ll add your request to our 3D print queue! Our Technology Specialists will email you when it’s ready to be picked up. Don't worry about the cost: it's free.
3D PRINTER GUIDELINES
- One request at a time per person.
- The item must print in under five hours.
- The item must fit within a 147 x 147 x 167 millimeter area (5.8 x 5.8 x 6.6 inches).
- Once you have been contacted, please pick up your item within two weeks from a staff member at the front desk.
- Please pick up your completed 3D print before submitting another request.
- Arapahoe Libraries cannot print any items protected by copyright. For more information, please read our Acceptable Use of Technology Policy.
- All files will be printed as submitted, so please submit a finalized design.
- We are unable to accommodate color requests at this time.
Design your own 3D prints using these recommended websites.
CookieCAD, opens a new window is a site where you can easily upload a black and white image to turn into a cookie cutter! You can download the STL file for free (after a sign-in process) and submit it via the form on this page for free printing.
Tinkercad, opens a new window is a great tool for beginners and experts alike. Create a free account to build a 3D design in this browser-based 3D solid modeling tool. Chrome and Firefox browsers work best.
Blender, opens a new window is a free open-source program that you can download for modeling, animating and editing anything in 3D.
WHAT'S A 3D PRINTER?
A 3D printer is a machine that creates a physical object based on digital renderings by "printing" layers upon layers with filament. Every Arapahoe Library has a Lulzbot Mini 2 3D printer to give you the chance to interact and learn about them and other emerging technologies.
WHY DOES THE LIBRARY HAVE A 3D PRINTER?
We invest in emerging technologies to give you the chance to interact and learn about them in an environment that is objective and free of a sales pitch. Read our Technology Mission Statement for the whole story.
WHAT MATERIAL DOES THE 3D PRINTER USE?
Our 3D printers use PLA filament. PLA (Polylactic Acid) is lightweight, nontoxic and biodegradable. While it has many uses, we do not recommend it for food and drink as the material is hard to clean and will melt when exposed to hot liquids/temperatures.