Single, frustrated and ready to throw your romantic life into the hands of a professional matchmaker? Sometimes arranged marriages work, sometimes they don't.
- The Marriage Bureauopens a new window: Two women opened a marriage bureau in WWII London to help women and, often, soldiers find their match.
- First Comes Marriageopens a new window: An American girl dreams of a big splashy love story, but she's a child of traditional Iraqi parents; this memoir's strength lies in the author's immaturity and honesty.
- Princessopens a new window: You'll be shocked by a Saudi woman's arranged marriage and the gilded cage that she and many other women are trapped in.
- How to Create the Perfect Wifeopens a new window: An 18th-century gentleman raises two orphan girls according to his exacting standards for an ideal wife.
- The Good Daughteropens a new window: A daughter finds a picture of her mother in a wedding veil with a man she's never seen before and uncovers her mother's tragic past.
- The Heart Is A Shifting Seaopens a new window: An author follows three couples in modern Mumbai for nearly a decade as each marriage faces joy and frustration.
- A woman with a disastrous dating history stumbles across a secretive arranged marriage agency and takes a leap of faith in Arrangedopens a new window.
- "Tobacco brides" from England come to Virginia with barrels of tobacco seeking a better life in A Bride Most Begrudgingopens a new window.
- A woman ignores hoax emails from a prince in Africa claiming they are betrothed in A Princess in Theoryopens a new window.
- A doctor is accidentally shot by by his mail order bride but sparks still fly between them in Tempestopens a new window.
- Married by proxy as children, a duke wants an annulment from his never-met wife who refuses to give him up in When the Duke Returnsopens a new window.
- A woman's arranged marriage in Renaissance Italy allows her the freedom to pursue a young painter with unintended consequences in The Birth of Venusopens a new window.
- To end a nine-hundred-year-old curse, a woman marries a powerful ruler hoping to kill him, only to be beguiled by him and his enchanted castle in Cruel Beautyopens a new window.
- A rich man offers a woman $10 million dollars to marry him but neither can keep their hands off of each other in Wife by Wednesdayopens a new window.
- In a future society where officials decide everything including your future spouse, a system glitch shows a teenager a glimpse of a guy that isn't her intended in Matchedopens a new window.
- In nineteenth-century China, two young girls write to each other in a secret language as they grow up, marry into arranged marriages and have children in Snow Flower and the Secret Fanopens a new window.
- Game of Thronesopens a new window: Lots and lots of arranged marriages (and bloodshed from those arranged marriages).
Tell us which books we forgot to include or which books you liked in the comments below!