It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a comic book character!
Who would you be if you were a superhero? What would your superpower be? Who would be your archnemesis? Would you have a sidekick?
You and your child can answer these questions together. Give them time to draw their answers, and when they're done, you can write down what they said about their hero.
- All superheroes need a name. What will you name yours?
- Power up with super powers!
- Secret identities are a must for superheroes. What name does your superhero go by when they're not saving the world? Do they have a job? Friends?
- Design a logo and pick out your hero's colors.
- Choose your superhero's uniform. Will you wear a mask? A cape?
- Decide if your hero will have a sidekick. What will their name be?
- Which villain will challenge your hero?
- What is your hero's weakness?
- How did your superhero get their powers? What is their back story?
Once they have fleshed out their superhero, suggest they tell a story involving the hero. If you need some inspiration, try this set of comic book panel templates from Picklebums.
If you're still feeling creative after helping your child, think up a superhero of your own. Would your superheroes fight foes together? Only you and your child know the answer!