The Elgato Video Capture is available for check out.
Steps to Download Software to use
Elgato Video Capture
1. Download Elgato Video Capture here: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/downloads, opens a new window
2. Choose “Video Capture” from the “Select Your Product” drop-down menu on the left (circled in green in image below).
3. Choose either Mac or Windows from the drop-down menu on right (circled in red in image below). For this tutorial we click on Windows.
4. After you click on “Video Capture” you’ll see the following. Click on the download icon (circled in red).
5. A “thanks for downloading” box appears.
6. A file will download and appear at the bottom left of your screen (circled in red). Click on that download.
7. You will then see this screen. Check the “I accept the terms…” box. Then click on the “Next” button.
8. After clicking next you will see this box. Click on the “Next” button.
9. You will then see this box. Click on the “Install” button.
10. You might get this pop-up box. If so, click on the “Yes” button.
11. Elgato will begin to install.
12. When the installation is complete, click on “Finish.”
13. The Elgato Video Capture icon should now appear on the desktop.
You're all done!
If you see the message "Please connect your Elgato Video capture hardware to any USB 2.0 port" pop up, check to make sure the Elgato Video Capture cable is connected to your devices and computer.
If the cables are connected properly and you still get the "Please connect your Elgato Video capture hardware to any USB 2.0 port" that means you need to download the driver that works with the Elgato Video Capture software, particularly on PC's. To download the driver software go up to in step #1 at the top of this tutorial and click on the link. When the link opens, click on "Show All." Scroll about half-way down and you will see the Video Capture for Windows image (also pasted below). At the bottom of this image it says "Find hardware driver here." Click on the word "Here." The driver software will download to your computer as a .exe file in the bottom left of your screen. Click on that file and follow the instructions. Once complete, try opening up Elgato Video Capture software again.