Are you a low-income Coloradoan in need of legal help? If so, check out what is available from Colorado Legal Services, opens a new window (CLS). CLS provides legal help for low-income Coloradans seeking assistance with civil legal needs.
What kinds of civil legal cases can CLS help with?
- domestic violence
- custody, guardianship, and others
- repossession, and others
- foreclosures in some but not all CLS offices
- landlord/tenant issues, and others
Issues for seniors
- living wills
- medical durable powers of attorney, and more
Problems with government benefit programs
- Social Security
- other government benefits
Tax controversies with the IRS
- Tax Court litigation
- IRS exams and audits
- IRS appeals
- identity theft/tax preparer fraud
- liens and levies
- collection alternatives (installment agreements, offers in compromise, economic hardship issues)
- earned income tax credit denials
- innocent spouse relief
- underreported/disputed income
- cancellation of debt income
- Including citizens and those who are (1) present in the U.S. and (2) have an acceptable “category” of immigration.
- These categories are complicated and assessed on a case-by-case basis, but include Lawful Permanent Residents and Asylees, among other categories
Other civil problems
- Not criminal or traffic
For more information about legal services regarding citizenship and immigration, view the Citizenship and Immigration Guide.