Trains, planes and cars! Oh My!
Traveling with children can be incredibly stressful. Children are overstimulated, tired, out of their routine, hungry, thirsty, restless, loud, etc. So how can you make it a little easier on them (and you!)?
Here are my favorite articles with ideas for smooth sailing:
- Tips for Traveling with Challenging Children, opens a new window. This plan from ChildMind.org is made with anxious children in mind, but these steps are helpful for every child.
- How to Travel with Kids, opens a new window. The New York Times has great suggestions for traveling with children of any age.
- How to Survive a Holiday Road Trip with Kids, opens a new window. Kids Are a Trip are tripping over their feet to make your road trip a success.
- Parents.com wants to get you in the air with their airplane travel checklist , opens a new window and air travel strategies, opens a new window.
- Traveling with Toddlers series, opens a new window. Dr. Tovah Klein, a toddler expert, has a series of posts for navigating your way through travel with toddlers.
- 33 Best Tips for Amazing Family Travel With Your Kids (Less Stress & More Fun!), opens a new window. The travel site, UpgradedPoints has great ways to keep your vacation running smoothly.
- Traveling with Children, opens a new window. Planning on air travel? The TSA has recommendations for taking your children through security checkpoints.
What other ideas do you use when traveling? I always make sure I have snacks, a water cup, her lovey, and toys and books she's never seen before.