The technology specialist team’s goal is to empower patrons in the world of technology, and we answer many questions about a variety of technological questions. Here are the most common technology topics we are asked about:
OverDrive and Libby
- how to download the OverDrive or Libby app to a device
- the difference between OverDrive and Libby
- troubleshooting problems with login information like library card number or PIN
- why eBooks and eAudiobooks might not be opening
- difficulties navigating the whole process, like downloading books to a Kindle or how to choose the correct book book format depending on your device
File management means anything to do with files on your computer or device. Frequent questions include:
- how to print files from an email
- downloading or transferring files to another computer or device
- how to back up pictures and files to a computer or a hard drive
Did you know the library has eResources available to you? Resources include streaming movies and music, popular databases like Consumer Reports, resources to grow your business, learn about genealogy, homework help or take a skill course through Lynda.com or a creative course from Creativebug.
We do deep troubleshooting on a variety of technology and device topics, like:
- why a computer might be running slowly
- why a printer isn't working correctly
- or how to connect to a WiFi network or hotspot
General Technology Questions
Did you know a technology specialist can offer advice on buying new smartphones? Or how to use the new tablet you were gifted—from how to power it on to learning how to listen to a book on it? Curious about internet safety and security? Or what exactly a 3D printer is? That's right, ask a technology specialist!
Reach Out with Your Questions
We can help you learn and troubleshoot all sorts of devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets, and we can answer a wide variety of tech questions. If you need assistance on these topics or if you have any tech questions, contact a technology specialist through chat, email or phone from the Technology Help page.
More Technology Tips and Tricks
- Check out the downloadable content blog post for more information about the library’s huge collection of downloadable content.
- Check the catalog for Kindle resources.
- Watch a tutorial video on accessing eBooks or eAudiobooks from Overdrive or Libby (for iOS devices, Android devices and Kindle Fire and Kindle eReader).
- Did you know you can use hoopla on your Kindle Fire? Learn how in this tutorial video.